The following links may offer helpful information and links to additional resources on LGBT communities, support, and spirituality. The Institute for Welcoming Resources is not responsible for materials or links beyond those listed below. The links below will open in a new browser window.
- The Human Sexuality Collection at Cornell University
- This actively expanding collection seeks to preserve and make accessible primary sources that document historical shifts in the social construction of sexuality. Through this program, Cornell University is working to ensure that a more complete historical record of sexuality will be available to researchers. Includes periodicals, pamphlets and books, popular fiction, films, art work, unpublished short stories, erotica, legal briefs, private correspondence, and diaries.
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Transgendered Religious Archive Network
- A resource center and information clearinghouse for the history of LGBT religious movements.
- Open Hands
- A quarterly journal, Open Hands was published by the Reconciling Ministries Network from 1986 to 2002. Initially seeking to serve as "a resource for congregations and individuals seeking to be in ministry with lesbian, gay, and bisexual persons", the latter issues reflect an expanded mission, namely, to serve as the quarterly magazine of the Welcoming Church movement in the United States and Canada. Past issues are being archived online by the Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion and Ministry (CLGS).
- An online news journal for LGBT Christians